Exploration, Excitement, Experiences.
They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at wreck diving, multilevel diving, diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
- Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
The Learning Materials You Need
PADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual and DVD provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving. You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
Take the Next Step
The traditional course consists of one classroom session and five adventure dives. Dives are coordinated based on the schedule of the divers. Typically, over two weekends.
On-line Course & Open Water Dives: $284.00*
Traditional Course & Open Water Dives: $252.40**
* – $134.00 is paid on-line to PADI, $150.00 is paid to GLDL/LSS
** – Equipment Rental Fees, if necessary, are additional. Fees include all materials, taxes, classroom, and instructor dive time.
*** – Private courses, Referral courses, and Refresher courses are available as well!
Interested in E-learning? There’s more information here.